MAYACAMA GOLF CUSTOMS
May 4, 2020
The following guidelines, mandated by the County of Sonoma, are in effect for all Mayacama Members when visiting the Club during this initial phase of reopening our Club.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep everyone safe while visiting the Club.
PHASE ONE OPERATION
- Practice Social Distancing AT ALL TIMES when on the grounds by maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from others.
- Advance Starting Times are now required for all players. Starting Times may be made up to 48 hours in advance by calling the Golf Shop (707) 569-2915. Starting times are set at 15-minute intervals.
- No more than 4 players are permitted per group. For your safety, the Club will not insert additional players into your group.
- Bunker Rakes have been removed from the course. Players must smooth footprints with their foot or a club when exiting bunkers (see Local Rules)
- Flagsticks must remain in the hole at all times. Touching flagsticks is not permitted.
- Continuous Putting is recommended: On the putting green, once the player who is away putts, that player should continue putting until his/her ball is holed in order to help ensure proper Social Distancing on the green.
- Inserts have been placed in the holes which will allow a golf ball to settle just below level of the putting green. Ball is then treated as holed (See Local Rules).
- Posting of scores for handicap purposes is permitted when playing under these conditions. Please use your personal device for posting scores. The Club’s Handicap Computer has been disabled.
- Scorecards and accoutrements have been removed from #1 and #10 Greenside Accoutrement Boxes but are available at check-in and at the Practice Range.
- Members must wear facial coverings when entering any indoor facility including the Golf Shop and restrooms.
- On-site Club Storage is not permitted at this time. Members are asked to keep their golf clubs in their possession after use.
- Member-Owned Push Carts (trolleys) are permitted but must be handled by the Member with each visit and not stored on the grounds. A limited number of Push Carts (trolleys) are available for Member’s use and may be reserved on a first come-first serve basis when making your starting time. Trolleys are sanitized after each use.
- Golf Cars
- Golf Cars are permitted for Members 65 years of age and over and for persons who are physically unable to walk the golf course. Only those persons who meet these requirements will be permitted to use a Golf Car.
- Only one player and one set of golf clubs are permitted per golf car.
- Club-owned Golf Cars are sanitized after each use.
- Member-owned golf cars are permitted on the golf course but subject to the same guidelines (one player and one bag per car unless from same household)
- Caddies are not permitted during this initial phase of reopening. The Club will send an announcement once caddie play is resumed.
- Practice Areas
- The Lower Driving Range and practice putting green is available. Hitting stalls have been adjusted for social distancing purposes. Please be courteous and limit your practice while other Members are waiting to practice.
- All Golf Shop and Snack Bar purchases must be placed on Member’s Account. Credit card transaction are not permitted.
- Golf Shop access, when permitted is limited to two players at a time for Social Distancing purposes.
- Gatherings before or after golf are not permitted based on current County Social Distancing Guidelines.
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES
Effective May 4, 2020
The USGA recognizes that golf courses have taken precautions while opening their courses for Member play during this pandemic. These Local Rules are provided to you as guidance on how to use the flexibility provided in the Rules of Golf while protecting public health. Listed below are Temporary Local Rules for playing under these abnormal conditions. Also included is information on posting scores, specifically when golfers may not “hole out” for health/safety reasons:
- NOT HOLING OUT/SCORE POSTING FOR HANDICAP PURPOSES: By modifying the hole and not requiring the player to “hole out” as defined in the Rules of Golf, the possibility of exposure to golfers is minimized. Accordingly, the USGA will accept scores for posting purposes which are played under these conditions. When not holing out, the player may use the “most likely score” guidelines. “Most Likely” is defined as the number of strokes that it would take for you to hole out 50% of the time.
- FLAGSTICK MUST REMAIN IN HOLE: In order to minimize contact, players are asked to leave the flagstick in the hole at all times!
- BUNKERS: All rakes have been removed from bunkers. Members should smooth footprints and uneven surfaces with their feet or with a club after playing from a bunker in order to properly care for the course.
- DISTURBED AREAS IN BUNKERS: Disturbed areas in a bunker may be treated as ground under repair. A player is allowed free relief from such areas, but relief must be taken (dropped) within the same bunker and not nearer the hole.
- CONTINUOUS PUTTING IS RECOMMENDED: On the putting green, once the player who is away putts, that player should continue putting until his/her ball is holed so as to help with Social Distancing.
- SCORE POSTING: Members should post scores as normal during these alternate playing conditions. Please post your scores on your personal device using your GHIN or NCGA App. For Safety purposes, the Club’s Score Posting Computer is currently not in use.