Winter days in the Wine Country are often bright and crisp. This temperate and comfortable weather allows for a number of events during these months. Cozy up fireside with a glass of wine or bundle up and venture out with us for winter in the Wine Country as we share a dozen or so things to do.
Cave Wine Tasting Tour:
The Unleash the Beast wine tasting tour is a 60-minute magical tour taking you deep into the Bella Vineyards wine caves, where you will learn the science and art of aging wine. Your tour guide will take you through a sensory station and reveal Bella’s dark secrets as you savor vineyard designate wines and finishing with a monster zin, affectionately named The Beast.
Discover Sonoma County’s hidden champagne cellars and toast to life with some great bubbly along the way. Reserve your Sonoma Champagne Tour today.
Korbel Winery offers a 50-minute tour through their historic champagne cellars and history museum, ending with a tasting of fine products. Winter tours run from November 1 through March 31, daily at 11am, 12, 1, 2 and 3pm.
Hands on Cheese Making Class with Award Winning Cheese Maker on January 8 from 1-3pm. Learn how to craft a fresh, warm ricotta cheese that is ready to serve and enjoy within 90 minutes.
Head to the SHED:
The SHED in Healdsburg is a local food-focused outfit hosting a market, cafe and community gathering space. Here are a few upcoming events at the SHED to keep your social calendar full this late fall/winter:
– Craft Your Own Herb-Based Gifts on Dec 4, 2016 from 10:30am-12pm.
– Taste of Place with Valkyrie Selections on Dec 15, 2016 from 6-9pm.
– Kitchen Garden Series with the American Garden School: Course I on Jan 21, 2017 from 2-5pm.
– Herbal Wellness for the New Year on Jan 22, 2017 from 1-3:30pm.
More Local Events:
– Guerneville Holiday Open House and Tree Lighting on December 1, 2016 from 4-8pm. Celebrate the season with food, drinks, shopping, joyful caroling, and more. Tree lighting will be at 7pm.
– Wine Country Winter Festival on December 3-4. Indulge in excellent Art & Craft, Entertainment, Wines, Beers and Spirits, Food, and Holiday Delights!
– Winter Workshops at the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County from December 26, 2016-January 6, 2017. Each workshop is full of hands-on activities and winter experiments. From building forts, creating snow-slime, crafting gingerbread houses and making a New Year’s Eve popper—your child will have a blast.
– The 25th Annual Winter WINEland returns to Wine Country along Wine Road on the weekend of January 14-15. Meet winemakers, taste limited production wines, new releases and library wines – perfect for every wine lover in your life.
– Don Landis’ Olive Odyssey at Jacuzzi Family Vineyards on Saturday, February 11 from 11am-4pm. An olive lover’s extravaganza! The world of the olive comes alive in art, olives, oils and more.
There’s plenty of activities both onsite and off during your winter stay at Mayacama, so save some dates and load up your calendar and enjoy the winter holiday season in Wine Country; there is nothing quite like it.
Mayacama is a private golf and residential community where a vibrant club life is joined by an active sporting life in an indescribably beautiful valley. To learn more about membership opportunities at Mayacama, please contact us at 866.519.3088 (toll free) or 707.387.0449 (direct) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Get social with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.